My review today is about Ouai Fine Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, a very cool and effective thickening series for fine hair. The compositions of this series are enriched with:
- Hydrolyzed keratin
- Chia seed oil
Ouai Fine Hair Shampoo
Ouai Fine Hair Shampoo is a thickening shampoo for hair that is also supposed to strengthen hair, give volume to hair without drying it out. In general, I absolutely love this shampoo! Since R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo, I can’t think of a shampoo that was so perfect for my hair.
If we talk about the technical characteristics of Ouai shampoo, then I would highlight the following features:
- The shampoo foams well.
- It is quite economical (that is, the consumption is really very small).
- Has a pleasant floral scent (the stated scent of orange, peony, magnolia, jasmine, musk and iris).
- The smell is very good for my taste.
The only thing to keep in mind is that OUAI fragrances are pretty bright (not Grow Gorgeous, of course, less intense, but still), so if you do not like bright scents in hair products, then you will probably not like OUAI products. See budget dry shampoos on this page.
Now let’s quickly run through the composition of Ouai Fine Hair Shampoo:
- It’s based on a blend of surfactants, emulsifiers (no SLS or SLES);
- Plus, a moisturizing and softening blend of panthenol, glycerin and chia seed oil;
- A mix of hydrolyzed keratin and biotin softens and strengthens the hair;
- Plus, a blend of anti-static, emulsifying ingredients, structure-builders, stabilizers and fragrances.
First, let me clarify that I have thin colored (bleached) not porous hair, lacking natural volume, oily scalp (my scalp is also sensitive). I wash my hair every day, otherwise, my hair does not look fresh enough. My hair Ouai Fine Hair Shampoo was just perfect for my hair, the shampoo rinses the hair well, with absolutely no drying, no tangling of the hair. Most importantly, Ouai shampoo really noticeably thickens the hair, gives volume to the hair. When I first tried this shampoo, I was very, very surprised, my hair got noticeably good (by my standards) volume absolutely without any styling products, for my hair – that’s just nonsense! Once again, the shampoo does not dry the hair, but I would not call it moisturizing either. I also use masks and I do not forget about it.
Ouai Fine Hair Conditioner
Ouai Fine Hair Conditioner is a lightweight hair conditioner, which is supposed to soften the hair, make it more manageable, without weighing it down or “killing” the volume. Let me tell you right away that I also liked the OUAI conditioner, but I would not call it a super effective or masthead conditioner.
The texture of the conditioner is really very light. Therefore, the consumption is not as economical as that of shampoo. Ouai Fine Hair Conditioner is thinner than any mid-range hair conditioner.
Now let’s look at the composition of Ouai Fine Hair Conditioner:
- The conditioner has a very light softening hair base (also Behentrimonium Chloride is anti-static);
- A blend (in small amounts) of panthenol, chia seed oil, glycerin and vitamin E softens and moisturizes hair;
- A mix of biotin and hydrolyzed keratin (again, in small amounts) softens and strengthens the hair;
- Plus (again, in small amounts), a mixture of anti-static agents (including an interesting new proprietary PTMPD silicone that protects the hair cuticle, helps maintain hair color, makes hair more manageable, adds shine without weighing hair down, and also acts as an anti-static);
- Plus, a mixture of structure-forming components, emulsifying components, preservatives, stabilizers and fragrances.
If we talk about the effectiveness of Ouai Fine Hair Conditioner, I can say that:
- The conditioner really softens the hair well.
- Lightly smoothes hair.
- Makes hair slightly more manageable while not “killing” the volume and not weighing it down.
Honestly, I think it’s more correct to call the main function of this conditioner “not to interfere with the shampoo”. The conditioner has no “wow-effect”, but to tell the truth, I should mention that it is very pleasant to use. Together with shampoo it really helps to get noticeably more voluminous hair.
That’s probably all I wanted to tell you about Ouai Fine Hair Shampoo and Conditioner. Again, my hair, this series suited just perfectly. By the way, I also really liked the deep cleansing shampoo Ouai Detox Shampoo:
- Perfectly rinses the hair without the “nest effect”;
- Does not dry out;
- Does not irritate;
- Smells very nice.
If you’ve also had a chance to try the Ouai Fine Hair series, I’d appreciate it if you could share your reviews (whether positive or negative) in the comments.